What's No Chair Press?
No Chair Press Blog Updates Here
A sneak preview of our next book, the word b-i-r-d! The lovely collection of poems is by poet and educator Elisabeth Meyer! We're almost at the proof stage, and are projecting publication for the end of September!
The No Chair Press Chapbook Contest
Sponsored by No Chair Press
No Chair Press: a chapbook press publishing traditional formal poetry by contemporary women poets
first prize: $300 and 25 copies of selected chapbook
second prize: $100 and 25 copies of selected chapbook
For this contest, No Chair Press is seeking manuscripts of rhymed and metered verse, given a contemporary spin by today’s women poets. The majority of the poems in submitted manuscripts should be engaging formal techniques. Sonnet sequences very welcome, as are rhymed verse plays. A manuscript entirely of free verse poems is not a good fit for this particular contest and press, but a few free verse poems in an manuscript that predominately has formal poems (sonnets, villanelles, rondeaus, etc) will not eliminate that manuscript.
1. Manuscripts should be 24-28 pages, uploaded at our upload link as attachment in doc or docx format
2. Two winners will be selected for publication by No Chair Press. The first prize winner will receive $300 and 25 copies; the second prize winner will receive $100 and 25 copies
3. Submit your manuscript during October 2017 at
4. There is a $5.00 reading fee ($10 if you wish to receive a copy of a No Chair Press book). Pay entry fee at https://www.paypal.me/NoChairPress. Email a copy of your receipt to email@example.com to confirm payment of entry fee.
5. Results of the contest will be posted at No Chair Press’s website at the end of December 2017.
6. Book publication will occur in April 2018.
7. For more information about No Chair Press, visit our website: http://www.nochairpress.com/